Announcement — April 8, 2019
We still have openings to meet our goal of 10 competitors in each category. It will not be necessary to have an elimination Round 1.
WE WILL CONTINUE TO SOLICIT APPLICATIONS UNTIL THE COMPETITION SLOTS ARE FILLED.
Those qualified applicants who were able to meet the initial /extended deadline of April 8 will participate in a random pool to select performance times for Saturday, June 29, 2019. Qualified applicants who applied on or after April 9 will chose a competition time once the pool schedule is decided and in date order of submission of an application with fee.
We continue to have inquiries regarding the video recording. Our preference when we designed our competition a year ago was one continuous video of competition pieces. However, Rosewood Fanning now recognizes that our delayed announcement may have inadvertently discouraged competitors to apply due to the video recording component. Current time constraints may further place an obstacle upon our intended competitors. Therefore, if necessary, we will accept multiple video recordings of the competition selections with an attestation from the applicant’s music instructor that the competition pieces can be performed in one sitting.
Due to limited time at the Competition venues, please make selections as close to the required minutes as possible (“slightly over/ under” combined selections accepted).
Remember if uploading application materials directly to the website that the only allowed formats are JPEG or PDF.
Video recordings may be copied to a USB and sent via postal mail or, for expediency, uploaded to https://www.dropbox.com/request/K7ge4d5NqENjQQrNocve
Prize Money - June 29, 2019
- Capriccio: First Prize = $2,500; Second Prize = $2,000; Third Prize = $1,500
- Franchezza: First Prize = $1,500; Second Prize = $ 1,000
- Valentine Award: Up to 3 females “of promise”, who have not placed in the above prizes, may be rewarded $500 each.
If there is a tie for any place, each pianist will receive the full amount of that prize. However, jurors reserve the right not to award any prize. Decisions of the jurors are final.
COMPETITION SATURDAY, JUNE 29, 2019
in the Capital Region of New York
Musicians must meet the age requirement by the date of the Finals Competition on June 29, 2019.
- To be eligible for The Capriccio, the participant must be at least 16 years of age on the day of Finals (June 29, 2019) and under 30 years of age (using birth date).
- To be eligible for The Franchezza, the participant must be younger than 16 years of age on the day of Finals (June 29, 2019) (using birth date).
- The Brioso (permanently arm/ hand-impaired) has no age requirement.
There is no geographical requirement. Rosewood Fanning has no geographical “requirement” radius from Schenectady or the Capital District of New York. All musicians are welcome to apply regardless of where they live or attend educational institutions.
APPLICATION FORM & VIDEO RECORDING
- Submit Application form on-line & upload using appropriate form jpeg or pdf or Download Application and other documents from our website and scan to our email address. (email@example.com).
- All information needed is on the application, but we will assist in any manner and encourage contact by email, contact form from the website or phone call. (Our official office hours are Mon – Fri from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. eastern standard time. Phone calls at other times may be scheduled by special arrangement via email. 518-372-5253.)
- Submit the video recording.
- For the application to be considered, the admission fee of $25 will need to be received with Personal Check, money order or credit card submitted.
- The application may be submitted first and video recording subsequently.
- Once the video is submitted, there will be no changes in music selections for the competition. No exceptions.
- Rosewood Fanning will notify musicians if their application is accepted, incomplete or disqualified within 10 business days of receipt.
- Once the application is received, each musician will randomly be assigned a number by Rosewood Fanning using a lottery system per event.
IF THE MUSICIAN CANNOT PARTICIPATE IN THE FINALS AT UNION COLLEGE
Should a musician be prohibited from participating in the Finals at Union: (1) after applying, (2) after submitting the video recording, or (3) after being accepted to perform in the Finals in the Capital Region, please notify Rosewood Fanning immediately in an email or phone call. We understand musicians may have a conflict not previously confirmed such as acceptance into a summer program or other significant opportunity/ event/ unforeseen circumstance. Please provide us with an acceptable reason to withdraw and the musician will not be penalized from participating in other Rosewood Fanning events. However, the application fee will not be returned.